Friday, February 21, 2014

Weekly Email - Making the Most of a Brooklyn View

Click to enlarge

Last night after an appointment in Brooklyn I decided I would use the time wisely and grab some city shots before heading back home.  The weather wasn’t really cooperating, and as the rain started falling lightly I saw the clouds filling with reflective colors of the city.  I switched my camera into a custom white balance to influence the cast and pumped up my film selection to Velvia for a bit more saturation.

Then in another scene I switched to tungsten to capture the Manhattan Bridge with blue sky.  Of course some people feel that all photography should be done in two colors - black and white - so that is for you purists out there.

Lastly a composite of the bridge arches and the Empire State Building.



 
The views before the light changes aren't exactly exciting - but waiting for it is key.  Here are a few shots from before the sun set and the cloud cover took on its glow.  In addition the setup I used - a Fujifilm X-E2 and a MePhoto http://www.mefoto.com/





























I am an employee of FUJIFILM North America Corporation.
The statements, comments and opinions expressed here represent my own, personal views and are not endorsed by, or affiliated in any way with, FUJIFILM North America Corporation or its affiliates.
bremler@fujifilm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quick Look at the 1972 Hasselblad 500C/M

Just a few snaps of the awesome and durable 500C/M.