Friday, June 21, 2013

Weekly Email - Island Sunsets NYC


  Sometimes it's easy to forget that living on Manhattan is life on an island.  Not exactly a beach experience but certainly a sunset over water experience every night.

This week while biking down the west side I saw an amazing sunset appear.  So I shot that and gave it a little tweak and the clouds really jumped.  Further down I saw the activity on the shore as the water taxi was leaving the dock and NJ was in the background.  Then as I headed back I stopped to shoot a framed scene of the Empire State Building and as luck would have it just as I shot a bolt of lightning lit up the sky and really surprised me since it is very rare to catch a bolt in a frame!  You can see the heat lightning is off to the east of the city and lit up the clouds to the right.

It's going to be a great weekend - enjoy the solstice and super moon!
 
 Fujifilm X-E1 Camera and 35mm 1.4 lens for most of the shots.









 












No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quick Look at the 1972 Hasselblad 500C/M

Just a few snaps of the awesome and durable 500C/M.