Friday, July 03, 2009

For about 35 years the diner on my corner - Joe Juniors - has been a neighborhood landmark.  As I type this I can smell the bacon on the grill wafting in my window.   It seems they are in a dispute with our landlord and are slated to close this weekend.   News trucks have been by and there is a petition etc etc.

It's hard to imagine they won't be there to feed the neighborhood - and I'm not yet sure something won't break last minute since by the look of the video on ny1.com you can see the father (landlord) is admitting that his son is making a bad decision - and as a tenant having dealt with the son for some time there's no surprise there.

Here are a few shots showing the character of the place many of you probably know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Quick Look at the 1972 Hasselblad 500C/M

Just a few snaps of the awesome and durable 500C/M.